Meet Our Executive Team
Michael F. Petrie, CMB
Michael Petrie has served as a Director of Merchants Bank of Indiana and Chairman since 2002. He has also previously served as the Chairman and President of Merchants Capital (formerly PR Mortgage & Investments), a multifamily finance company he co-founded in 1990.
Mr. Petrie is active in the industry and in the community, as evidenced by his affiliations listed as follows:
- MERS Board of Directors (2006 – 2010)
- FHLBI Board of Directors (2007 – 2008)
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Washington D.C. (Immediate Past Chairman 2005-2006, Chairman 2004 – 2005, Chairman Elect 2003 – 2004, Vice Chairman 2002 – 2003, Board of Directors 1999- 2006; 2008 – 2009)
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership Board of Directors ( 2015 – 2021)
- Indiana Affordable Housing Council (Board of Directors, Vice President)
- IU Varsity Club (National Board of Directors)
- Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
Mr. Petrie is a graduate of Indiana University with both a BS and MBA in Finance. Mr. Petrie was awarded the “Sagamore of the Wabash” in 2004, MBA’s Burton C. Wood Legislative Service Award in 2000, Indiana University’s Academy of Alumni’s Fellow in 2019, and the IAA’s Joe Rhodes Memorial Award in 2014.