Now banking online is better than ever. With the easy to use features, you’ll get your banking done faster and easier.
You can pay bills and track expenses 24/7, whether you’re at home or on the road. If you have access to the Internet, you have access to your account. You’ll find online banking is a breeze to use, great for budgeting and tracking expenses, and guaranteed safe and secure. And best of all, Bill Pay Service is free!
- Snapshot – Provides an overview of your Online Banking accounts in a compact, simplified format. The Snapshot tab presents account information and functions all on one convenient screen.
- Account Alerts – Receive an email whenever an item has been presented for payment, when your balance has reached a certain threshold or when a deposit has been made to your account.
- External Transfers – Make transfers to and from your accounts at other financial institutions, future or recurring basis.
- Bill Pay With PopMoney – Pay any business or person, any time, and from virtually anywhere.
- Personal Financial Manager (PFM) – Have accounts at other financial institutions? Credit cards? Investments or loans? PFM allows you to view all of your account balances in one place. PFM also has robust budgeting tools to help you track income, expenses and net worth.
Check Images and statements are also available and can be saved to your computer as well. Remember to be safe online and never email your account information, including check images.
Online Bill Pay is the fastest and easiest way to pay bills. Merchants Bank of Indiana’s online bill payment service is the convenient, secure way to manage all your bills. Online Bill Pay saves you money on postage, and the time it takes to write checks.
Online Bill Pay Features
- Pay almost any bill online: utility payments, credit cards, loans and more
- Receive e-bills instead of paper bills
- Schedule automatic payments of mortgages and other recurring bills
- Make one-time online payments for special purchases
- See your bill history and all pending electronic bill payments at a glance
- Online bill payment reminders help you pay on time, every time
Just as Online Bill Pay is the easiest way to pay your bills, PopMoney is the fastest and easiest way to send money to friends and family. You can use PopMoney to receive money too! Access PopMoney through Online Bill Pay to send money to anyone you know, securely and quickly.
- All you need to give is a name and email address or mobile phone number
- Transfer money directly from your account to theirs
- PopMoney can send e-greeting cards for birthdays or other special occasions
- Recipient gets a text or email to let them know about the payment
- Funds can be deposited in as little as one business day
Now you can truly bank on the go with three different mobile banking options.
Text Banking – Set up your mobile device in online banking and receive balances and transaction history via text message.
Mobile Browser – From any mobile device’s internet browser you have easy access to your bank account information. Simply go to the bank’s website and you will automatically be directed to the mobile banking site. Use your existing online banking user id and password to log in. Features within the mobile browser include:
- Account balances and transaction activity
- Transfers between Merchants Bank of Indiana accounts
- Initiate bill payments (adding, changing or deleting bill payment payees must be done through online banking)
- Find the nearest branch location
- Access to the bank’s social media pages
Mobile Apps – A mobile app gives you the most mobile banking features. Apps are available for iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Android tablets. Search the app store for Merchants Bank of Indiana, download the app and use your online banking user id and password to log in. All of the features of in the mobile browser are available in the mobile app. Plus, within the mobile app you can also make deposits with your mobile device.
Mobile check deposit is available to individuals and sole proprietors; some restrictions apply. See the mobile banking terms and conditions.
Currently, PopMoney is only available with Online Banking; not with the mobile app or mobile browser.
Mobile Banking with
Log in to the Merchants Bank of Indiana Mobile App on your Apple Mobile Device with the touch of a finger. Enable Touch ID by simply opening the App and following the activation prompts.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Touch ID is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Shop from the Convenience
of your Mobile Device
Use your Merchants Bank of Indiana Debit Card with Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay.
Get Started with Apple Pay
- It’s easy to add your Merchants Bank of Indiana debit card to Apple Pay. Simply open the Wallet app on your eligible Apple device running iOS 8.1 or higher to get started.
- To add a Merchants Bank of Indiana debit card, enter your card information manually or hold your eligible iPhone over the card and use the device camera to capture it automatically. Apple Pay will perform a simple validation with Merchants Bank of Indiana before the card is ready to use.
- Qualifying Apple Devices (iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, Apple Watch 1st Generation, Apple Watch Series 1, and Apple Watch Series 2)
Get Started with Android Pay
- It’s easy to add your Merchants Bank of Indiana debit card to Android Pay. Simply download and open the Android Pay app on your eligible Android mobile device to get started.
- To add a Merchants Bank of Indiana debit card, you can enter the information manually or use your device camera when prompted to capture it automatically. Android Pay will perform a simple validation with Merchants Bank of Indiana before the card is ready to use.
- Android Pay is available on all non-rooted Android devices (KitKat 4.4+).
Get Started with Samsung Pay
- It’s easy to add your Merchants Bank of Indiana debit card to Samsung Pay. Simply open the Samsung Pay app on your eligible device to get started.
- Your device’s camera will scan in your card information for you to approve, so all you have to do is secure your account with your fingerprint and a backup PIN. Samsung Pay will perform a quick validation with Merchants Bank of Indiana before the card is ready to use.
- Qualifying Samsung devices (S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S6 Active, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active or Note5).
Apple Pay, the Apple Pay logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Touch ID is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android, Android Pay and the Android logo are trademarks of Google, Inc. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Samsung, and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices. VISA is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
SAFE ONLINE BANKING
Online banking has grown rapidly into a major new way to bank. Some surveys show that more people prefer to bank online than in traditional ways. This phenomenal growth has been accompanied by increases in the safety and security measures undertaken by banks and their customers. But cyber-criminals are always looking for new ways to electronically break into your account and steal your money.
WE PARTNER WITH YOU, THE CUSTOMER
Merchants Bank of Indiana has security measures to protect your account information, but they can’t be effective without your help and cooperation. Many account hijacking attempts come as a result of hacking into individual user accounts, and from there electronically breaking into your account using your information and security codes.
Some common sense and easily implemented precautions can help you safeguard your personal information:
- Strong Passwords – Experts advise a combination of letters and numbers, and advise against using easily guessed passwords such as birthdays or home addresses. Merchants Bank of Indiana requires your online banking password to meet the following criteria: 8 characters in length, must contain 1 numeric and 1 alpha character, must not be based on your personal information such as a tax ID number, cannot use a passcode that was used in the last six months, and must be different than any of your last six passwords.
- Anti-Virus Protection – make sure the anti-virus software on your computer is current and scans your email as it is received.
- Email Safety – Email is generally not encrypted so be wary of sending any sensitive information such as account numbers or other personal information in this way.
- Log Off – Always log off of Internet Banking before closing your web browser.
- Don’t Get Phished – Crooks are always trying to get your personal information, and they employ some ingenious methods. Don’t respond to any unusual email requests for personal information, when you opened your account, you already provided it. When in doubt, give us a call.
- Monitor Your Accounts – When you check your accounts regularly, you can let us know immediately if you encounter anything that does not seem right.
HELPFUL TIP: Studies show that those who monitor their accounts online often detect fraud earlier than those who rely solely on paper statements.
ONLINE AND MOBILE THREATS
Cyber-fraudsters want to earn their money the easy way, by stealing yours! Understanding how criminals try to trap you is your first line of defense.
- PHISHING – This is the criminal attempt to steal your personal information through fraudulent emails or smart phone texts. They are often very believable, luring the victim to a site that asks them to provide (or “verify”) personal financial details such as account numbers and social security numbers. A variation is called Spear Phishing, which are electronic messages that appear to come especially to victims from their employer, usually a large corporation. Cyber-security experts often term the mobile phone version of phishing Smishing, playing off the SMS, or Short Message Service terminology used in text messaging. Remember: Merchants Bank of Indiana will not send emails asking for your personal information, we already have it.
- CARD SKIMMING – This is a criminal’s attempt to gain a victim’s personal information by tampering with ATM machines. Fraudsters set up a device that can capture magnetic stripe and keypad information, such as PINs and account numbers. Using ATMs you know and trust, as well as examining the machine closely, can help thwart this type of theft.
- SPYWARE – This is the term used for criminal software that a victim unknowingly loads on a personal computer. Once there, the spyware collects personal information and sends it to the criminal. Up to date security software is the best defense.
HELPFUL TIP: Cyber-criminals often prey on those who are most vulnerable, such as senior citizens or young adults, who may not be as aware of the technical aspects of the threats.
FREE CREDIT REPORTS
When it comes to guarding against cyber-fraud, one of the most important tools at your disposal is your credit report. It details all of your credit transaction accounts, and will be the first place that unusual charges or entirely new accounts will appear. You can monitor your report for FREE.
Since Federal law permits consumers to obtain a free report annually from each of the three major credit reporting agencies, cyber-security experts advise that you get a free report from a different agency every four months. Doing so will allow you to monitor your personal online security all year long.
TO ORDER YOUR FREE CREDIT REPORT, GO TO: www.annualcreditreport.com