A winning team. A dedicated family.
Interested in joining our growing team? Take a look at our career opportunities.
Merchants Bank of Indiana is a privately held bank headquartered in Carmel, Indiana. Merchants focuses on several aspects of mortgage and agricultural lending and retail banking services from five Central Indiana locations.
Merchants Bank of Indiana has received national recognition from SNL Financial (an offering of S&P Global Intelligence) as one of the top performing community banks nationally with assets between $1 billion and $10 billion. Merchants was listed as #25 in the nation, the highest rated Indiana bank on the list.
Merchants was also listed in the Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ) Banking and Finance edition in May 2017 as the 12th largest Indianapolis Area Bank. Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. Achieving the #9 spot on the 2017 Best Places to Work in Indiana list, this was the second year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.
Adding to the performance accolades, the IBJ recently identified Merchants Bank of Indiana as one of the fastest growing companies in the Indianapolis area. Merchants was listed as the #21 fastest growing company with 70% revenue growth from FY 2014 through 2016. The results also reflect a 33% increase in FTEs during the same period.
Proudly named to the 2017 and 2016 Best Places to Work in Indiana list, Merchants Bank of Indiana strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. At Merchants we believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our amazing team. Merchants Bank of Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Commercial BankerPosted: 05/08/2017
- Achieve established revenue, sales production and business goals;
- Proactively manage assigned portfolio of clients, identifying needs and maximizing opportunities;
- Generate leads and close opportunities, including originating simple and complex loans, performing renewals and managing problem credits;
- Requires a minimum of five years of banking experience;
- Minimum of three years in business banking preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus in business, accounting, finance or related field strongly preferred.
- Requires prior credit training.
- Requires SBA lending experience.
- Requires outside calling skills, including demonstrated successful prospecting and contact management.
- Requires strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing, in addition to strong analytic skills with the demonstrated ability to manage and present complex financial information in a format that is easily understood.
Commercial Credit UnderwriterPosted: 08/03/2017
- Analyze credit data, tax returns and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Utilize computer programs to generate financial ratios and trend analyses to evaluate customers’ financial status and payback ability.
- Prepare reports, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees in a timely manner for approval.
- Assist the management of the loan portfolio regarding loan covenants, reporting requirements and delinquencies.
- Work with sales staff to manage renewal and modification requests as needed.
- Visit with prospective and current bank clients in collaboration with sales staff both inside and outside the bank.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Requires a minimum of five years’ professional experience in credit analysis for commercial and/or small business lending.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking, communication and multitasking skills.
- Must display excellent customer service skills both in person and through phone and email communication.
- Requires intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in a professional environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to self-direct and self-pace assigned work.
- Favors demonstrated success in previous mentoring and training roles.
Personal Banker/TellerPosted: 08/09/2017
- Process cash and non-cash banking transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Provide premier customer service to all bank visitors and customers.
- Open accounts, cross-sell products and services and assist in identifying customer financial needs.
- Regularly, accurately balance cash drawer, vault and ATM within guidelines.
- Timely adhere to bank policies and procedures, audit and compliance guidelines, and training requirements.
- Provide back-up operational support for branch staff.
- Requires at least six months’ experience with cash handling in a bank environment.
- Requires strong organizational skills, the ability to do basic math without assistance, and a keen focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to travel between local branches in Indianapolis and Carmel.
- Retail banking experience is preferred.
- Requires high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient in basic computer use including Microsoft Office and Outlook with the ability to learn new software programs and use relevant computer programs in a professional setting.
Assistant Branch ManagerPosted: 08/11/2017
- Process cash and non-cash banking transactions efficiently and accurately while providing premier customer service.
- Open accounts and identify referral opportunities for products and services to meet customer financial needs.
- Routinely balance cash drawer, vault and ATM with accuracy.
- Supervise tellers and/or personal bankers on behalf of the branch manager.
- Provide teller training for new staff members, including relevant bank software.
- Assist with routinely scheduled operational responsibilities in support of the branch manager and provide operational support to staff members.
- Observe all relevant policies and procedures and audit and compliance guidelines and complete required training in a timely manner.
- Requires at least a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution; relevant post-secondary degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate prior success working in a retail banking environment.
- Requires a minimum of one year’s experience successfully handling significant cash transactions.
- Demonstrated success in a previous retail supervisory role preferred.
- Must be able to travel between Indianapolis and Carmel branches as needed.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Must successfully demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to de-escalate and resolve customer issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Requires the proven ability to work well in a team environment to serve customers.
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office software is preferred.