A winning team. A dedicated family.
Interested in joining our growing team? Take a look at our career opportunities.
Merchants Bank of Indiana is a privately held bank headquartered in Carmel, Indiana. Merchants focuses on several aspects of mortgage and agricultural lending and wealth services from five Central Indiana locations.
Proudly named to the 2017 and 2016 Best Places to Work in Indiana list, Merchants Bank of Indiana strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. At Merchants we believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our amazing team. Merchants Bank of Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ag Loan OfficerPosted: 05/02/2017
- Cross-sell agricultural banking products and services to meet customer financial needs by clearly explaining different loan types and credit options available to customers.
- Collect loan applications, financial statements, credit histories and other relevant financial information necessary for underwriting and funding agricultural loans.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine loan eligibility utilizing Finpak software.
- Partner with customers to identify financial goals and recommend strategies for reaching established goals.
- Approve loans within specific limits and present larger loan applications to management for approval.
- Prepare all relevant loan documents, counsel customers on relevant documents at closing, and ensure documents are executed correctly and properly perfected according to law and policy.
- Negotiate payment arrangements for delinquent loans.
- Promote Merchants Bank of Indiana lending opportunities through community organizations and networking.
- Comply with SAFE Act requirements and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in agricultural lending – preferably in a loan officer capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Must display a strong working knowledge of broader agricultural industry (e.g. dairy, livestock and crop) and related costs of production for common enterprises in the lending area.
- Must successfully demonstrate sound communication skills with an ability to distill complex concepts to a more basic level.
- Requires a strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to build, foster and leverage relationships to generate origination opportunities.
- Must have a team-first attitude with a strong desire to achieve long-term quality results.
- Existing network of agricultural and/or local relationships and COIs strongly preferred.
- Full cycle lending experience preferred – lead generation, origination, processing, underwriting and closing.
- Demonstrated ongoing and intentional development of agriculture/industry knowledge and trends preferred.
Commercial BankerPosted: 05/08/2017
- Achieve established revenue, sales production and business goals;
- Proactively manage assigned portfolio of clients, identifying needs and maximizing opportunities;
- Generate leads and close opportunities, including originating simple and complex loans, performing renewals and managing problem credits;
- Requires a minimum of five years of banking experience;
- Minimum of three years in business banking preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus in business, accounting, finance or related field strongly preferred.
- Requires prior credit training.
- Requires SBA lending experience.
- Requires outside calling skills, including demonstrated successful prospecting and contact management.
- Requires strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing, in addition to strong analytic skills with the demonstrated ability to manage and present complex financial information in a format that is easily understood.
Credit AnalystPosted: 05/30/2017
- Analyze credit data, tax returns and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Generate financial ratios and trend analyses using computer programs to evaluate customers’ financial status and payback ability.
- Prepare reports including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and timely submit to loan committees for approval.
- Assist the management of the loan portfolio in regard to loan covenants, reporting requirements and delinquencies.
- Work with sales staff to manage renewal and modification requests as needed.
- Visit with prospective and current bank clients in conjunction with sales staff both inside and outside the bank.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Must have professional work experience in a closely-related role for a minimum of one year.
- Candidates must demonstrate successful critical thinking skills.
- Requires the ability to successfully multitask and perform accurate, timely work with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills and/or interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires a demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook at a moderate to advanced level.